In January I Wanted To:
- Rebrand my blog/dig into what I wanted it to be
- Spend quality time with people and focus on relationship building
- Develop and stick to daily rituals
- Maintain a positive outlook about my goals and about my job
In January I:
- Got together with Jess to work on our mutual re-branding and redesigning of our blogs. Realized that having someone in my life who gets the weird blog internet thing is REALLY good for me and my creativity/willingness to be brave and actually commit to the internet.
- Put out consistent content, evaluated it’s purpose, and focused on reaching out to others and showing them that I appreciated their content.
- Interacted with other internet people on the internet! My online friendship game is so strong right now. I think making friends in real life has made me more bold with online friends. I interact with people more, I’m more vocal in my support and appreciation, and I feel more genuine than before when I was afraid of being intrusive or not a part of their community.
- Took pictures in the arboretum with my good friend for my blog headshots and omg I am so in love with them!
- Spent lots of quality time with my friends. Cultivating a girl gang and supportive group of girl friends has been amazing. I thought last fall was a great entry in the friendship group but dang, this month has been killer.
- Went on a girl’s weekend trip to Austin, stayed in a cute AirBnB and had a blast getting to know these amazing women better.
- Got tattooed by an artist at the convention that I had never heard of before with a design of his own that I had no input on (it was flash!) SO FREEING. I’m super picky about my tattoos. I agonized over finding an artist who I love so I know whatever they draw up will be perfect. This time I looked up this guys work when I passed his table and was like “yep, he’s good. Let’s do it!’ Super successful!!!
- Read books!!! I didn’t read the *most* books but I feel like I read really consistently and that is a step in the right direction.
- Worked on using free time effectively which sometimes worked and sometimes didn’t.
- Realized halfway through the month that I needed a gentler way to wake up and so I started programming the random clock radio we have to NPR to wake me up. I only wake up like 15 minutes earlier than I usually do now but it’s definitely a step in the right direction. I’m still really struggling with mornings but I’m getting there!
- Reached out to people to help me with my problems after a faulty start of “positivity means no negativity ever” misstep.
- Worked really hard on the positive reframe, talked through a few issues I was having with my mindset over my job, slowly got better. Definitely in a better place now than I was at the beginning of the month so I think this one was a success!
Overall I’m definitely ending the month on a higher note than what I started with. I feel like I gave myself the time to enjoy life and really work with who I was. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to improve myself and unfortunately when you’re trying to make changes it feels like you’re working against who you are. Obviously the goal is improvement not changing who I am but it’s a struggle sometimes. This month however I took a step back and really focused on the idea of improvement over ideals and it’s worked. I figured out a better way to start my morning, the best way for me to work creatively and I really focused on enjoying time with friends and getting closer with them. It was a great month. A really really great month.
February has some stiff competition but I also feel like I entered this month not too confident in being able to make some of my emotional changes and I did a great job with that. So here’s to the new month!
Until next time,