Since my last post about Podcasts i’ve been lucky enough to find even more shows that I love and that I wanted to share with y’all! I find most of these through recommendations from actual people so posts like this are always helpful to me and I hope they’ll be helpful to you as well.
- Fake Goth Girls– I love Mia Moore’s blog and her internet presence in general but somehow I completely missed that she had a podcast. Naturally as soon as I found out about it I added it to my list and hungrily devoured a few episodes. It’s a great show and they talk about things I care about which is sometimes hard to find with conversation based Podcasts.
- I Was Just Saying That: I found this show via instagram when my best friend’s wedding photographer was featured on the show! It’s based out of Austin and many of the interviews involve Austin area creatives and they talk about being creative entrepreneurs and also friendship type stuff. The whole creative entrepreneur market is something i’m seriously interested in (where did that interest even come from? Why did I not know these things about myself until after I graduated from college!?) so this show is right up my alley. Plus it’s produced well and shorter form than a lot of podcasts I listen to which is a bonus.
- Hidden Brain: Science podcasts forever! Since Invisibilia is still in hiatus (omg soon though!) i’ve had a big “invisible forces of science” hole in my heart and this baby has done a great job of helping fill it. Although nothing could ever replace the depth of Invisibilia, Hidden Brain is fun, smart, and interesting.
- Breakfast for Dinner: Truth time, i’ve had this one in my queue for forever but only just started listening to it after Sara from Sincerely, Sara recommended it. So once again, personal recommendations for the win! BFD is fun and conversational and good to listen to during downtime. The problem I have with most topical podcasts is that they very quickly date themselves, but i’m still listening to back episodes of this and it hasn’t gotten bad yet! Definitely recommended!
- The Moth: This one isn’t so much new to me as it is “I finally started listening to this while it’s not on the radio”. The Moth kills me. It ruins me. It is so so so good. And if you’re not familiar with it, it’s a story telling podcast where regular people, and famous people, tell stories. They’re beautiful and hilarious and sometimes they are unbearably sad and or uplifting. Bottom line: I cry a lot when I listen to this. If you’re not familiar with it listen to the story “A Father’s Pride” by Neil Gaiman from the show and you’ll get it.
Anything else you think i’d enjoy? What are your current favorites?
Until next time,